I can already hear you – what on earth is a melodica?! I used to have one of these years ago, and they’re great fun. Essentially its a wind powered keyboard. There’s a choice of 2 mouthpieces:
1: About 2 inches long – with this attached you play it similar to the way you’d hold a recorder – hold onto the strap (on the back of the melodica) with your left hand, play the notes with your right. (this is quite tricky as you can’t see the keys). Please note that this method is unsuitable for those of adverse orientation! (left handers to me and you). 2: This is the best one – a pipe approx 2ft long, which enables you to play it like a standard keyboard. Its a little tricky to start with, but once you get the hang of it, its great fun!
Available in 32 or 37 notes and both come complete with a carrycase! Cool as you like!
- The ‘in’ instrument at the moment! Sounds in the ballpark of a Harmonica, plays like a keyboard
- Create unique percussive rhythms with your mouth whilst playing chords/lead parts with right hand
- Mouthpiece can fit directly, then hold with the left hand and play keyboard with the right hand
- Or use the extension tube to lay it flat and free up both hands to play the keyboard section
- Comes complete with moulded hard case and extension tube. Covers 32 notes from F to C