Designed for the performing musician or the conventional composer, APC Key 25 is the first Ableton Live controller from Akai Professional that is equipped with a high-performance keyboard. Uniting the power of a clip-launching panel with a keyboard interface, APC Key 25 couples real-time control of Ableton Live with traditional composition tools: create melodies, compose bass lines, and play chords with 25 synth-action mini keys. Plus, dedicated buttons for Octave Up, Octave Down, and Sustain expand the expressive capabilities of the keyboard, enabling you to tap into the full melodic range and perform with classic piano-style sustain.
Get On The Grid
APC Key 25 features a 5×8 multicolor clip-launching grid that’s built for dexterous exploration: launch clips and create or perform your song from the ground up using 40 responsive triggers. Tri-color lighting provides visual feedback and displays three clip statuses-loaded, playing, and recording-so you can intelligently perform without looking at your computer. Plus, you can use the Shift button and directional arrows to manipulate the scope of the 5×8 grid.
Twist & Tweak
APC Key 25 comes equipped with eight control knobs that are laid out next to the clip-launching grid for easy tweaking. Users can change knob functionality with the dedicated buttons for volume, pan, sends, and device control: fade clips in and out of the mix; pan instruments to the left, right, or center; raise the level of reverb or other effects to create fluid transitions; open and close filters for lush sweeps; and much more. Additionally, each knob is completely assignable for flexible mixing and mapping options.
APC Key 25 comes pre-mapped to Live for an instant performance and production setup
- Ableton Live controller with built-in performance keyboard with 25 synth-action mini keys and dedicated octave up and down buttons to increase the keyboard to the full melodic range
- Control Ableton anywhere – USB-powered, plug-and-play setup for Mac and PC and seamless 1 to 1 integration with Ableton Live
- 40 pad clip-launch matrix with tri-colour lighting displays for triggering samples, loops and more, on-board shift button and directional arrows manipulate the scope of the grid, expanding the creative possibilities
- Eight assignable knobs map to Ableton Live to control volume, sends and more or map to VIs and effects for immersive performances
- Lightweight, ultra-portable design stows easily in a laptop bag for complete Ableton Live control anywhere
- Comprehensive production software package for Mac and PC: Ableton Live Lite, Hybrid 3 by AIR Music Tech, SONiVOX Twist and Toolroom artist launch packs (downloads)