The KR-117M Intelligent Grand Piano combines all the realism of a fine acoustic piano with functionality available only from the world’s best digital pianos. From its exquisite polished ebony cabinet to its expressive grand piano sound, powerful speaker system, and assortment of vocal and instrument sounds, this instrument combines a grand piano with modern, flexible features.
“Player piano” with moving keys and CD drive
Optional wireless system, makes controller communication with computer or PDA possible
Large color LCD touchscreen (320 x 240)
External VGA/TV display connector
DigiScoreTM music, lyric, chord, and fingering display
Wonderland interactive music games
Visual Lesson Education Suite
A/V Sync and Slide Show
Infrared data transfer
High-quality, 8-speaker sound system
88-key Solid Progressive Hammer-Action Keyboard with Escapement and “Natural Look Effect” keys
88-note multi-sampled piano sound with “key-off” and resonance effects
780 tones (including 8 tone wheel organs, 17 drum kits, 1 SFX set)
Reverb, chorus, rotary, and 60 other effects, plus advanced 3D sound and Dynamic Emphasis
310 internal styles with Visual Arranger
570 Music Assistant titles with Visual Music Assistant (compatible with Hal Leonard books # 57 & 200)
70W x 2 (20cm. + 5cm.) + 70W x 2 (16cm. + 8cm.) speaker system
XLR audio out
USB-MIDI & 2 USB external memory ports
Over 190 internal songs
Polished ebony finish
Size and Weight （with lid closed）
Width (W) 1,503 mm 59-3/16 inches
Depth (D) 1,579 mm 62-3/16 inches
Height (H)1,007 mm 39-11/16 inches
Weight 240 kg 529 lbs. 2 oz.
- Superior Sound:The KR117M boasts the most realistic stereo-sampled grand piano sounds on the digital-piano market – with “all 88 keys multi-level sampling.” It’s a piano worthy of a master musician, with the ability to deliver the power, stunning clarity, and nuance demanded by a true virtuoso. Moreover, as amazing as these sounds already are, they can be further adjusted to your taste; you can customize them with the friendly-yet-powerful Piano Designer feature.
- Handy Remote Control: The KR117M can be operated from a distance by a remote control device, with which you can start/stop the music, change the volume, mute the sound, and control effects and other functions. Also, for the first time, there is an option for remotely accessing and controlling the piano with a PDA or a wireless PC. The Intelligent Grand has now joined the Wireless Age.
- Versatile CD Drive & USB Memory Port: The versatile CD drive built into the KR117M not only plays MIDI music data but also standard audio CDs. Player-piano CDs can give you hours and hours of enjoyment on your Intelligent Grand. And whenever you wish, you can insert an audio CD and listen to your favorite songs. Also, by inserting Roland’s optional USB flash memory device into the USB memory port, you can play SMF data and WAV data.
- Superior Keyboard: The KR117M features Roland’s new Solid Progressive Hammer- Action Keyboard with Escapement – which perfectly matches the feel of an acoustic grand. It provides a heavier touch in the lower range and a lighter touch in the upper registers. In this new version the touch is more delicate than before, and the keys are more solid and balanced for a genuine piano key feel. It also produces less fingernail noise. In addition, these new solid keys feature attractive natural wood-tone sides to enhance the visual moving-key motion.
- Automatic Keyboard Movement: The KR117M comes with an automatic keyboard-movement mechanism that will entertain and impress. Insert any Standard MIDI File (SMF) or other music file, and the keys will start “playing” the music, perfectly reproducing the songs down to the smallest detail. All eyes will be drawn to the magical moving keys, which have been enhanced visually on the sides for an attractive “wood” look. Using the large selection of preset songs or commercially available SMF data, you can create automatic keyboard performances in any genre. You can also record your own performances – not just with the piano tone but with other onboard tones too. And when you play those performances back, watch those keys move just the way you played them!