We stock a wide range of high quality nitrocellulose lacquers and paints suitable for use on any guitar project. We’ve produced a range of colours found on popular guitar models and used our own Strat and Tele bodies for reference.This is the same type of lacquer as used on vintage Fender and Gibson guitars which, over time, will produce an aged, tarnished look to your instrument.These are true lacquers, as used by top guitar makers since the 1950s. They dry very quickly and produce a hard glassy finish, unlike other pre-cat lacquers These paints and lacquers are very easy to apply and generally require no sanding in-between coats. TIP: We recommend adding 4-5 coats of clear gloss over the top of all colours for protection, and a deeper glossy shine. Use only in a well ventilated area. Suitable breathing apparatus should be worn* Colour may vary slightly depending on number of coats applied, wood type and preparation method.
- Professional grade solid colour nitrocellulose paint
- 400ml areosol with ellipitical nozzle for more control when spraying
- Each can is enough for 4 or 5 coats of a Telecaster sized body (depending on coat thickness)
- Aerosol produces a consistent fine spray.
- Same type of paint as found on the original 1950’s Fender guitars