We feature many different MIDI controllers here at Scan, but this one comes with one of the highest pedigrees. Korg are of course pre-eminent in the world of keyboards, workstations and synthesisers, so it stands to reason that they would have a very deep intuition when it comes to creating a controller.
This one boasts an X-Y pad which offers huge benefits over a traditional Mod/Pitch wheel, as well as a Ribbon controller alongside the usual pads and knobs. Both the Pad and the ribbon double as controllers for your computer too, with the trackpad controlling the mouse pointer and the ribbon providing mouse clicks.
It features dedicated transport controllers for Stop, Play FF, Rew and Record and also Add Markers. The whole idea of this controller is that you don’t have to take your hands off it!
8 assignable sliders are married with buttons and encoders to give you ultimate control over editing, and the Velocity sensitive Pads combined with the Chord scale and Touch scale function borrow form the mighty Kaossilator to allow you to trigger melodies in any key or scale you specify, oh, and finally there’s an arpeggiator with 50 built-in patterns with which you can trigger your synths or soft synths.
The taktile is designed for simplicity; connect it to your computer via a single USB cable and the power turns on. It supports the major DAW/sequencer software (*), and its easy setup lets you start creating music right away. Controllers can be freely assigned, making the taktile a USB/MIDI controller that will meet all demands, from controlling a mixer to editing your software synthesizers.
- A full array of daw presets and basic functionality; simply connect and start playing
- X/y touch pad lets you create musical phrases within any plugin instantly – with the touch of a single finger
- Use the 16 velocity-sensitive backlit trigger pads to easily enter chords or single notes
- Semi-weighted 49 note keyboard with a great playing feel
- A generous array of bundled software provides amazing value