SL Mk II has been designed to give you complete control over your music making software. Novation has worked with each of the main DAW manufacturers to make sure each of the 56 knobs, faders and buttons control the things in your software that you need them to control. However, the really clever bit is that SL MkII can directly control your plug-in instruments and FX (you also get an Italian made, semi-weighted keyboard mechanism).
Automap is a piece of software that comes with all Novation controllers. It has been designed to make the job of assigning your hardware controls to various software parameters quick and easy.
Automap enables knobs, faders and buttons to instantly control plug-in instruments/FX, as well as your sequencer’s mixer, transport controls and more…
Open a plug-in instrument/FX, and you have instant access to all the plug-in parameters. This allows you to assign knobs, faders and buttons, by simply clicking on the software parameter, and touching the control!
- High quality professional keyboard
- Velocity-sensitive, semi-weighted action keyboard with assignable after-touch. Italian made keyboard mechanism plays like a musical instrument rather than a computer accessory
- Illuminated controls provide instant visual feedback
- Brightly lit LED rings around the eight smooth encoders, and backlit buttons provide instant visual feedback
- Giant 144-character LCD screen